How to enable charging past 90%
Background and Specifications
- Provides up to 15W charging when connected to external 20W power source
- Performs 7.5W wireless charging
- Supports reverse wireless charging from connected iPhone, MagSafe system animations, power level widget glyphs, and smart device pairing
- With Optimized Battery Charging, will stop charging at 90% unless overridden by the user.
- 4.46in x 3.24in x .93in
- Model A2384
- Charger and cable are not included.
The battery pack originally shipped with only 5W wireless charging but increased to 7.5W wireless charging via a firmware update released in April 2022. When connected to a suitable 20W or better charger, the Battery Pack acts as a MagSafe charger. To check the MagSafe Battery Pack firmware version, attach to a suitable iPhone, click Settings, General, About, MagSafe Battery Pack (listed with wireless details).
The design is minimalist in Apple tradition, featuring only a Lightning charging port, single LED (amber or green depending upon condition), and Apple logo.