Background and Identification
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine was released in 2018. It sports a 5.5-inch display with a ~267 PPI resolution. The Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine has two 13 MP cameras, one on the front of the device and one on the back. This contributed to the phone’s marketing campaign, which was that the J7 Refine allowed users to “own the moment.” For added convenience, the Samsung Galaxy J7 has an SD card slot, allowing up to 400 GB of additional storage to be added to the smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine was positively noted for having an impressive camera and screen resolution for the device’s cost. On the other hand, some users noted the smartphone as causing some phone calls to sound robotic. As of summer 2020, the Galaxy J7 Refine sells for around $200 on Amazon.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine is a thin (8.6 mm), rectangular touchscreen device. It has a display wrapped in an encasing. The Galaxy J7 Refine has a physical home button with a built-in fingerprint sensor. The Samsung logo is printed on the back of the smartphone’s encasing and on the front of the device, just above the screen.
- Dimensions: 76.2 mm x 153.19 mm x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 181 grams
- Display Size: 5.5 inches
- Display Type: HD
- Display Colors: 16M
- Display Pixel Density: ~267 Pixels per Inch
- CPU: Octa-Core 2x 2.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A73 + 6x 1.6 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- Memory Card Slot: Yes, up to 400 GB
- Sensors: Proximity, accelerometer, fingerprint, compass, light, gyroscope
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Rear Camera: 13 MP
- Front Camera: 13 MP
- Battery: 3,300 mAh lithium-polymer