For more information regarding common troubleshooting issues check out Samsung Gear 2 Troubleshooting
The Gear 2 is Samsung's second-generation smartwatch, released simultaneously as two other smartwatches called the Gear Fit and the Gear 2 Neo. The Gear 2 differs from these two other models in a number of specifications; for example, the Gear 2 has a camera while the other two models do not. The Fit is uniquely rectangular and does not have a home button. The Neo has a polycarbonate wristband, giving the smartwatch a more plastic feel and a lighter feel.
Unlike the previous model, the Galaxy Gear, the Samsung Gear 2 can select music, take pictures, and measure fitness statistics using a pedometer, heart rate monitor, and exercise recorder. The added home button makes navigating the smartwatch easier and the larger processor speeds up functionality.
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor
- 4 GB internal memory
- 512 MB RAM
- 1.63" 320x320 Super AMOLED display
- 2 MP camera capable of recording 720p video at 30 FPS
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor
- Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity
- Integrated microphone
- IrLED sensor
- 300 mAh battery
- Weight: 68 grams (41 grams without band)