Check out our free Surface Go teardown wallpapers! Choose from iFixit or Creative Electron (X-ray) versions.
Background and Identification
The Surface Go is advertised as a productivity-oriented tablet that packs many of the features of the larger and more powerful Surface Pro, while hitting a lower price point. Much like its bigger sibling, the Go features a 3:2 display, a kickstand, custom ports for connecting external keyboards and docks, and compatibility with the Surface Pen and Surface Dial.
Unlike the Pro, the Surface Go is only available with a dual-core Kaby Lake processor and features passive cooling only (no fan). By default it runs the Windows 10 operating system in S-Mode, which only accepts verified applications downloaded directly from the Windows Store.
The Surface Go is initially available in a Wi-Fi-only configuration, with an LTE version promised for later in 2018.
- 9.65" wide × 6.9" tall × 0.33" thick (245 mm × 175 mm × 8.3 mm)
- 10” IPS with 10-point multi-touch
- 3:2 aspect ratio
- 1800 × 1200 resolution (217 ppi)
- Dual-core 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 615
- 4 GB and 8 GB optional RAM configurations
- 64 GB eMMC storage, 128 GB NVMe SSD optional
- 8 MP primary/rear-facing camera with 1080p video
- 5 MP selfie camera with 1080p video
- Ambient light sensor
Ports and connections
- Surface Connect port
- Surface Type Cover port
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- MicroSDXC card slot