I cannot switch laptop on. Power button blinking
OnOff button blinking. Cannot turn ZenBook UX305 unit on
Shlomo Shamir try the following and see if that helps.
- Do a hard reset, unplug the AC adapter from the laptop and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
-Test your AC adapter with a multi meter if it's supplying enough voltage required by yourZenbook to power it on.
If you do want to take it apart, this link will show you how.
i am sure all you need to do is pull the battery ... hold the power button for about 20 - 30 seconds ... plug the battery back in, and hey presto !!! your laptop should be functional again :)
My laptop start having issue after 23 months. After sent to the Asus workshop to check and they said can't find any faulty parts. On 24 months, the laptop is not able to turn on without 8 hours rest.
I have done the hard reset but the same problem came back after 1 week.
- Both power and Caps led on.
- Must disconnect the external keyboard and mouse or otherwise it won't be able turn on even after 8 hours rest.
- Battery was growing in size after 24 months. Due to the battery growing, it affects the keyboard (the center of the keyboard has a small hill) and later not able to close the screen. So, I removed the battery from the laptop because I scared that the battery explode.
I recommended this laptop to most of my co-workers and they bought it even though it's quite expensive. I just worried that one day they will condemn my recommendation.
If this problem can't be fix, most likely we will switch to other brand.
Please go to bios and set default setup, restart and issues will be solved
remove the battery ,press n hold the power button for about 30 seconds. put the battery back n try again
I have an Asus UX305U with the same problem; no turn-on light and no start-up. Remove back cover and decouple the battery. Hold down power button for more than 15 seconds. Then laptop starts up.
But when I replace the back cover again and assembly the screws back in, the laptop again will not start. This is a perpetual problem with no real solution
It seems that there is some kind of short-circuit in de laptop. Probably caused by the back cover itself, or because of presure provide by the back cover onto the motherboard or other component.
Hello all, it looks like that my issue with the laptop was the display cable and the only way to fix it is to replace the display cable or display it with the cable.
—— My issue ——
- Power on -> doesn’t show any picture on the screen but looks like working, in order to start again you should hold power for ~10 sec. to get the fan spin.
- Power on -> display picture on the screen but only on the special position of the display - after a few min just freeze, in order to start again you should hold power for ~10 sec. to get the fan spin.