The Sony Playstation 3 Super Slim is a home video game console that was released on November 11, 2006. The Playstation 3 Super Slim was the first console to use Blue-Ray as its main method of storing things, and it had features such as remote connectivity. It also introduced Sony's social gaming service.
It is black in color and is visually characterized by a top-loading disk tray. It weighs about half of what the original Playstation 3 weighs. In addition to being a slimmer and smaller console, the Super Slim was sold at a lower price than the original PS3. This model also addresses the problem of a noisy cooling fan; however, the sound of disks booting up can be heard because its optical drive is much closer to the surface than previous models.
- Size and Weight:
- 11.4 x 9.05 x 2.36 inches
- 4.6 lbs
If you are having difficulties with the Sony Playstation 3 Super Slim, try referring to the troubleshooting page.
- HD 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i output
- LPCM 7.1ch surround sound, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC
- Cell Broadband Engine™
- RSX® GPU
- 256MB XDR Main RAM and 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
- Available with 12 (flash memory), 250, or 500 GB internal storage
- Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, Ethernet, HDMI, optical out, A/V multi out