For general troubleshooting, see the troubleshooting page.
The Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5084 model was released in 2011 by Toshiba as part of their C650 series.
First released in the summer of 2008, this laptop was geared toward those going to school. However, poor battery and performance stopped it from being one of the better choices. It's low price and similarity to the size of the MacBook line ended up being its main selling points.
Identifying this laptop is a matter of reading the label located on the bottom. Look for the shiny one that says "Toshiba" at the top. If you are looking at the correct guide then it will read "Satellite U405D-S2902." If not, then you're in the wrong place. Try typing what you find on the sticker into the search bar at the top of this page.
- Processor: AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-72
- Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1, 32-Bit)
- Graphics Engine: ATI Radeon 3100
- Graphics Memory: 256MB-895MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
- Hard Drive: 250GB or 500GB 5400rpm
- Memory: 2G or 3G of PC6400 DDR2 800MHz SDRAM on board
- Optical Drive: DVD-SuperMulti Drive (+/-R double Layer)
- Display Size: 13.3 inches-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Display Type: WXGA with TruBrite Technology
- Display Resolution: 1280x800
- Audio Headphone Jack (stereo), Microphone Jack (mono), Standard Stereo Speakers
- Webcam: Webcam and Microphone
- Wireless LAN: Atheros® Wireless LAN (802.11b/g)
- LAN: 10/100 Ethernet LAN
- PC Express Slot: 1-ExpressCard™ /34 slot
- Media: S/P DIF output port (shared with headphone port), 5-in-1 Bridge Media Adapter
- USB Ports: 1-eSATA/USB (2.0) combo port with Sleep and Charge, 2-USB (2.0) ports with Sleep and Charge
- ILINK: i.LINK™ IEEE-1394
- Weight: 4.52 pounds (2.05 kg)
- AC Adapter: 90W (19V x 4.74A) 100-240V AC Adapter
- Battery: 6 Cell Li-Ion (4800mAh)
Toshiba's Laptop Purchasing Page While this laptop is no longer available, this page provides a good start when looking for information. For drivers and support updates, the Laptop Support Page may contain the information needed.
If you plan on installing a new LCD display to your laptop, visit this laptop display site for a new display.