The Sony α6500 is one of many digital cameras in the Sony alpha series; it was released in November 2016. This camera is versatile and accommodates many different formats of photography and video. This device is still in production (at the time of writing) but may be outclassed by more recent cameras; other models of the alpha series released in 2018 and 2019 have superseded the Sony α6500.
The main identifying feature between this version and others in the Sony α6000 series would be the “α6500” marking on the top of the camera, in front of the digital viewfinder, and slight differences in the button layout and the back of the camera. The Sony α6500 is also the first of the Sony α6000 series to have a touch screen and 5-axis image stabilization.
- 640 x 480 LCD display w/ touch screen
- OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder
- Sony E-mount lenses
- APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm), Exmor® CMOS sensor
- 24.2 megapixels
- Approx. 310 - 350 shots
- Approx. 70 minutes of video recording
- Still images: 100-25600
- Still images: 1/4000 to 30 sec, Bulb
- Up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode