Background and Identification
Released on October 17, 2013, the Nikon D3500 is an F-mount DSLR camera with a carbon fiber reinforced polymer body. It is the first camera in a new generation of Wi-Fi enabled, ultra-high-resolution cameras. The built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy photo sharing to smartphones or tablets. Moreover, the D3500 has built-in GPS and mapping, an advanced 24.2 megapixel image sensor, the Expeed 4 processor, and an extra-large swiveling Vari-angle LCD.
- Lens: Interchangeable, Nikon F-mount
- Sensor: 23.5 mm × 15.6 mm Nikon DX format RGB CMOS sensor, 1.5 × FOV crop
- Maximum resolution: 6000 × 4000 pixels (24.1 megapixels)
- Storage: Secure Digital, SDSC, SDHC, SDXC, supports UHS-I bus.
- Focus modes: Instant single-servo (AF-S); continuous-servo (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); manual (M)
- Focus areas: 39-area AF system, Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX sensor module
- Exposure modes: Auto modes (auto, auto [flash off]), Advanced Scene Modes (Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colours, Food), programmed auto with flexible program (P), shutter-priority auto (S), aperture-priority auto (A), manual (M), Special Effects Modes (Night Vision, Colour Sketch, Miniature Effect, Selective Colour, Silhouette, High Key, Low Key).
- Exposure metering: TTL 3D colour Matrix Metering II metering with a 2016-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering modes: 3D colour Matrix Metering II, centre-weighted and Spot
- Flash: Built in Pop-up, Guide number 13m at ISO 100, Standard ISO hotshoe, Compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System
- Shutter: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed range: 30 s to 1/4000 s in 1/2 or 1/3 stops and Bulb, 1/200 s X-sync
- Continuous shooting: 5 frames per second (JPEG) 4 frames per second (raw)
- Viewfinder: Optical 0.82x, 95% Pentamirror
- Custom WB: Auto, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Sunlight, Flash, Cloudy, Shade, Preset manual
- Video/movie recording: 1920 x 1080, 60/50/30/25/24P (progressive scan), 1280 x 720, 60p/50p, 640 x 424, 30p/25p, 60i (interlaced) (59.94 fields/s)/50i (50 fields/s), High or Normal bitrate modes
- Rear LCD monitor: 81-millimetre (3.2 in) tilt and swivel 1073k-dot LCD screen
- Battery: Nikon EN-EL14 or EN-EL14A Lithium-Ion battery
- AV Port(s): Mini-HDMI for video, 3.5mm stereo jack for microphone
- Data Port(s): USB, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, GPS
- Weight: 480 grams (16.9 oz) body only