Background and Identification
HP printers are manufactured by American technological company Hewlett-Packard, more commonly known as HP.
HP introduced the world’s first desktop laser printer in 1984, the HP LaserJet, which originally retailed for approximately $3,500. The same year, HP launched the first inkjet printer, the HP ThinkJet, which derives its name from “thermal inkjet.” In 1987, HP debuted their first color inkjet printer, the HP PaintJet. HP launched their mass-marketed DeskJet line of inkjet printers in 1988. HP’s first All-in-One printer, the HP LaserJet 4101 MFP, was released in 1998. In 2006, HP celebrated its sale of the one millionth LaserJet printer.
The HP Smart App allows users to remotely print images with Wi-Fi-enabled HP printers.
As of 2020, HP’s printer product line includes:
- DesignJet (large format office printer)
- DeskJet (inkjet printers for home use)
- ENVY (All-in-One personal inkjet printer)
- LaserJet (laser printer)
- Neverstop (cartridge-free laser printer)
- OfficeJet (All-in-One inkjet business printer)
- PageWide (business printer that prints a single page with one full pass of the printhead)
- Smart Tank (bulk-ink, All-in-One inkjet printer)
- Sprocket (portable instant printer that can print from mobile device)
- Tango (cloud-based smart home printer)
For help identifying the model of your HP printer, visit this page.
Official Site: HP
Wikipedia: List of Hewlett-Packard products