For help with finding and resolving issues with your device, visit our troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The HP Chromebook 11 G5 was released by HP in Q4 2016 as a successor to the G4 model. It is a computing device for the budget-conscious market. The HP Chromebook 11 G5 weighs 2.5 pounds and measures 0.7 inches thick. The device is powered by Chrome OS, a cloud-based operating system developed by Google, storing both files and software in its cloud ecosystem. The G5 is powered by an Intel Celeron N3060 processor, 4GB RAM, and 16GB flash storage.
The Chromebook 11 G5 features an Education Edition variant, which is nearly identical to the regular G5 but is geared towards schools and educational enterprises, with minor differences in hardware.
The G5 has been discontinued on the official HP website. It is succeeded by the Chromebook 11 G6, G7, and G8.
- Dimensions: 286 mm x 205 mm x 18 mm (11.26" x 8.07" x 0.71")
- Weight: 1.14 kg (2.5 lbs)
- Body: Plastic
Hardware & Software Specifications
- CPU: Intel Celeron N3060
- Display: 11.6 Inch 1366 x 768 resolution, IPS
- RAM: 4096 MB LPDDR3
- GPU: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 400
- OS: Chrome OS
- Battery: 43.7 Wh Li-poly, 2-cell
- Storage: 16GB Flash
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 1x HDMI 1.4
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Card reader
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Internal WLAN M.2 Slot
- Headphone/microphone jack
- Dual speakers
- 720p webcam