Power LED blinks blue 5 time .
What's it mean when the #1 LED flashes blue 5 times;when I try power on my Aspire one 722-BZ454?
It means that the battery in the laptop may be flat.
Try the following to see if you can get your laptop to start:
1. Disconnect the power adapter from the laptop.
2. Remove the battery pack from the laptop. This link shows you how to remove the battery
3. Press and hold the Power button on the laptop for 10 seconds.
4. Reconnect and switch on the power adapter to the laptop. Leave the battery out at this stage.
5. Try to start the laptop. If it starts allow it to boot all the way to the Windows desktop. Allow the HDD to settle (i.e. wait a few minutes)
6. Shutdown the laptop in the normal manner.
7. When the laptop has completely shutdown, switch off the AC adapter and remove it from the laptop.
8. Re insert the battery pack into the laptop.
9. Reconnect and switch on the AC adapter.
10. Try to start your laptop. If it starts allow it to boot all the way to the Windows desktop.
11. Check the charging status of the battery. If it is charging allow it to fully charge before switching off the AC adapter and removing it from the laptop.
If the laptop doesn't start at Step 5. you either have a faulty AC adapter (and that is maybe why the battery went flat) or you need to check that the wall outlet is working correctly.
Press and hold the battery reset pin hole on the bottom of the laptop (google it to find out where, but just look you’ll find it). I used a pen ink and pushed and held it in for 5 seconds. You have to do it with the battery in. It didn’t work while the battery was out. With the back battery in, I pressed the power button and it turned right on.
I had the same problem and I simply pluged my computer to the power adaptater.
I turned my computer on and I see a windows update.
It worked for me ...
-- I'm French and I speek not English as well as an English--
Black tape over the led, and live with 90% or 94% battery.
I'm having the same issue with an acer aspire that has 7 months of use. I’m unable to remove the battery because it's different then the quick link suggested. I pressed the battery reset pin hole for 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds with and with out the charger connected and there's still a black display. This sucks
I have the same problem. But when I took the battery out and try to start it. It power up but didn't boot up, just shut down again.