alternator repair 05 chevy equinox
I have a 05 Chevy equinox.
I took my car to AutoZone for the free alternator and battery test.came up as failed for the alternator.
Any help on repair manual?
bigQ, this may help:GENERATOR REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the battery ground (negative) cable from the battery. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
2. Remove the generator B+ terminal nut.
3. Remove the generator B+ lead.
4. Remove the generator electrical connector.
5. Remove the drive belt from the generator. Refer to Drive Belt Replacement in Engine Mechanical - 3.4L.
6. Remove the generator bolts.
7. Remove the generator from the vehicle.
Drive Belt Replacement
DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT
J 39914 Serpentine Belt Tensioner Unloader. See Special Tools.
1. Remove the air cleaner assembly. Refer to Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls - 3.4L.
2. Using J 39914 rotate the drive belt tensioner (8) to release the tension on the drive belt. See Special Tools.
3. Remove the drive belt from the right idler pulley (2).
4. Carefully release J 39914 to relieve the drive belt tensioner spring tension. See Special Tools.
5. Remove J 39914 from the drive belt tensioner (8). See Special Tools.
6. Provided the vehicle will not be raised or lifted to perform additional work. Utilizing a floor jack and a wood block, support the front of the engine using the following procedure.
1. Place the wood block between the lift point of the floor jack and the bottom of the engine oil pan.
2. Raise the jack until the wood block comes into contact with the engine oil pan and is capable of supporting the weight of the engine.
7. If the vehicle is to be raised or lifted in order to perform additional work. Support the engine using the engine support fixture. Refer to Engine Support Fixture.
8. Remove the right engine mount. Refer to Engine Mount Replacement - Right.
9. Remove the drive belt from the remaining pulleys.
This is from the service manual. Check this video for better instructions on the belt removal without GM special tools ;-). Hope this helps, good luck