Background and Identification ¶
WowWee MiP Robot
Item Number: 820
Released on 04/27/14 by WowWee manufacturers.
The WowWee MiP Robot was released in August 2014 by WowWee manufacturers. The robot uses GestureSense Technology to communicate with the user. The robot balances on two wheels such that of a Segway.
The robot has an abdomen featuring a glowing light on the front along with the MiP logo residing on it. This light color indicates one of seven different modes for users to explore: MiP Mode (Blue), Stack (Pink), Cage (White), Tricks (Red), Roam (Yellow), Dance (Turquoise), and Tracking (Orange).
Users can communicate with the MiP and control it with it's unique vocabulary of hand gestures, clapping sounds, and the downloadable app. The MiP robot possesses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and is able to work with various smart devices. For a complete list, see the Device Capability list below.
Technical Specifications ¶
- Height: 10.25" / 26.0cm
- Width: 5.00" / 12.7cm
- Length: 6.75" / 17.2cm
- Weight: 1.33 Lbs / 0.6 kg
Device Compatibility ¶
- Apple iPhone 4s and above.
- Apple iPod touch Gen 5 or above.
- Apple iPad 3 / iPad Air or above.
- Apple devices must be running iOS 7 or above.
- Android Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enabled devices
- Android devices must be running Android version 4.3 or above.
- Manufacturer Suggested Age 8 Years and Up.
- Battery: Four AAA required, not included.
- MSRP: $99.00 USD
Oh, no! If something is wrong with the MiP, diagnose it on the WowWee MiP Robot troubleshooting page.