How to Install Ubuntu Linuxen
Background and Identification ¶
System Requirements ¶
Ask Ubuntu ¶
Note: The higher then usual requirements for Ubuntu make this distro a poor choice for older and low end hardware. This distro is only good on midrange to high end systems or higher spec systems made in the past 5 years.
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: Dual Core processor
- Hard Drive: 10GB
- Graphics: OpenGL 1.4 support; AMD/nVidia GPUs released within the past 5 years.
Ubuntu website ¶
- 2 GHz dual core processor or better
- 2 GB system memory
- 25 GB of free hard drive space
- Either a DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media
- Internet access is helpful