Background and Identification
The Sony Xperia M2 is an Android smartphone produced by Sony Mobile. Released in 2014, the mid-range 4G smartphone succeeds the Sony Xperia M with improvements in performance and camera quality. At the time of its announcement at the Mobile World Conference, the Xperia M2 was unveiled alongside the Sony Xperia Z2 and the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet.
The M2 has a 5.8-inch qHD screen and 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor. The camera is 8MP, not as high as the 20.7 MP camera in the Z2. In addition, the M2 comes with 4G smarts which is on level with other smartphones with similar specs. It’s available in black, white, and purple, and according to Sony, the 8.6mm-thin M2 is "the slimmest smartphone in its class".
Although it is just 5.5 inches long and 2.8-inches wide, the Xperia M2 can fit a 4.8 inch display. Along with being thin, it is way lighter than users would expect for a phone of this size.
- Display: 4.8-inch (540x960)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400,
- CPU: 1.2GHz quad-core Krait
- GPU: Adreno 305
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB, expandable with microSD card
- Front camera: 0.3 MP
- Rear camera: 8MP
- Battery capacity: 2300mAh
- OS: Android 4.3 (Jellybean) upgradable to 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Weight: 148 g
- Dimensions: 139.60 x 71.10 x 8.60
- Colors: Black, White, Purple
- Bluetooth 4.0
- USB 2.0 (Micro-B port, USB charging)
- USB OTG
- 3.50 mm (0.138 in) headphone jack, 5 pole
- Models: D2303, D2305, D2306, D2316, D2302