Need general tips and advice for fixing up a broken lawnmower.
Background and Identification
The Honda GXV160UH2 engine is intended for use in outdoor equipment, including lawn and garden machines, forestry and agricultural equipment, and construction work. It is compatible with a wide range of products outside of Honda machines.
This engine is part of the vertical shaft line of GX engines. Vertical shaft engines are commonly used in machines such as lawnmowers because they are generally lightweight but effective. Like all current Honda general-purpose engines, it features air cooling and a 4 stroke engine in contrast to earlier models, which were generally 2 stroke and water cooled. This engine model can be identified by the logo on the red casing at the front of the engine, which says Honda GXV 160 OHV.
- Length (min):16.3" (415mm)
- Width (min):14.1" (359mm)
- Height (min):13.9" (354mm)
- Dry Weight: 32 lb (14.5 kg)
- Engine Type: Air-cooled 4-stroke OHV
- Bore x Stroke: 68 X 45 mm
- Displacement: 163 cm3
- Oil Capacity: 0.69 US qt (0.65l)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.5 U.S. qts (1.4 liters)
- Fuel: Unleaded 86 octane or higher
- Net Power Output: 4.3 HP (3.2 kW) @ 3,600 rpm
- Net Torque: 7.1 lb-ft (9.6 Nm) @ 2,500 rpm
- Ignition System: Transistorized magneto
- Starting System: Recoil
- PTO Shaft Rotation: Counterclockwise (from PTO shaft side)
- Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
- Carburetor: Float Type
- Lubrication System: Splash
- Governor System: Centrifugal Mechanical
- Air Cleaner: Dual element