Corsair Kater Pro Tear down
If you are having problems with the Corsair Katar, check out the Troubleshooting Page.
Background and Identification
The Katar is an optical gaming mouse originally released by Corsair in 2015. The Katar can be identified by its dark shell, small frame, and Corsair logo on the side and bottom of the mouse. When plugged in, the Corsair logo at the bottom lights up red. Compared to other Corsair models, this mouse is much smaller, lighter, and absent of side buttons. The mouse can also be identified by its model number, RGP0016, which should be located on a tag attached to the USB cord.
The Katar is a compact mouse that includes an attached USB cord. It is designed to have a quick response time due to its high dots per inch (DPI) sensor and 1000 Hz polling rate. The mouse also features programmable buttons and has an ambidextrous design. The device has ultimately been met with favorable reviews and faced no major recalls.
- 8000 DPI for ultra response
- Programmable buttons
- Quick DPI adjustment with the press of a button
- Lightweight design for precise movement
- Rubber grips for great grip and comfort
- Mouse settings adjustable through Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) software
- Wired connection for zero lag
- Designed with input from professional gamers
- 2 year warranty