The C710-2847 runs Google's Chrome OS, a relatively new, cloud based operating system. Chrome OS is built to be fast, starts up quickly, and doesn't slow down over time. It has security features built in to keep your files safe while on the web. Because Chrome OS is cloud based, files are easily accessible between computers, and the Chromebook is always up to date.
Your specific model number can be found on sticker on the bottom of the device. It is in the top left corner and in the form C710-XXXX. Acer's C710 series has twelve unique models that share the same exterior design. These devices can be distinguished from other netbook devices by the Acer and Chrome logos on the lid. All the devices are slate gray with a black bezel, bottom cover, and chiclet keyboard. The line was released in December 2012.
Numbers in parentheses correspond to the last four characters in the model number and identify each version of the device.
- 11.6 in (295 mm)
- 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
- Backlit Active Matrix TFT LCD
- 16GB SSD (2411, 2457, 2481, 2688, 2815, 2826, 2833, 2834, 2856)
- 320GB HDD (2055, 2847)
- 500GB HDD (2606)
- Intel Celeron 847 1.10Ghz (2055, 2457, 2606, 2688, 2815, 2826, 2833, 2847, 2856)
- Intel Celeron 1007U 1.50Ghz (2411, 2481, 2834)
- 2GB (2411, 2606, 2826, 2833, 2834, 2847, 2856)
- 4GB (2055, 2457, 2481, 2688, 2815)
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
Graphics and Video
- Intel HD Graphics
- AL12B32 4-cell Li-ion (14.8V; 2500mAh; 37Wh) (2055, 2411, 2457, 2481, 2688, 2833, 2834, 2847, 2856)
- AL12X32 6-cell Li-ion (11.1V; 5000mAh; 56Wh) (2606, 2815, 2826)
- Three USB 2.0
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Ethernet RJ45
- VGA output DE-15
- HDMI output
- DC power input
- SD card reader
- Kensington lock port
- height: 1.1 in
- width: 11.2 in
- depth: 8.0 in
- weight: 3.04 lbs (2055, 2411, 2457, 2481, 2688, 2833, 2834, 2847, 2856)
- weight: 3.2 lbs (2606, 2815, 2826)
You can safely and easily upgrade these components.
- Hard Drive: SATA compatible 2.5 in drive
- An SSD is recommended over an HDD due to speed improvements; however, an SSD drive is more expensive.
- The recommended lowest capacity is 16GB.
- Memory: DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMM
- System memory can be upgraded to 16 Gio.
- An individual memory module cannot exceed 8 Gio.