Windshield Wiper Blades
Background and Identification
The Nissan Sentra is a subcompact and later compact car produced by Nissan beginning in 1982. Between 1982 and 1999, the Nissan Sentra was classified as a subcompact car but was reclassified as a compact car for the 2000 model year. Until 2006, the Sentra was a rebadged export version of the Nissan Sunny, which was sold in Japan. Since the 2013 model year, the Sentra is a rebadged export version of the Nissan Sylphy B17. The name Sentra is not used in Japan. In many South American countries, the Nissan Sunny is also sold as the Sentra, and in Mexico, the first three generations of the Sentra were called the Nissa Tsuru.
The fifth-generation Nissan Sentra was introduced in late 1999 for the 2000 model year. It crossed over into the “compact” class with this redesigned model. The Nissan Sentra was sold with a front-engine, front-wheel-drive layout as a four-door sedan. The fifth-generation Sentra was sold with a range of inline-four engines paired to either a five-speed manual, six-speed manual, or four-speed automatic transmission.
The fifth-generation Nissan Sentra featured a new interior with higher-quality plastics. The car’s exterior received updated body-side moldings and clear headlights. Nissan introduced a CA ‘Clean Air’ trim that was only sold in California, featuring a double-walled exhaust, three catalytic converters, quick catalyst warm-up, and a radiator that is designed to convert ground-level ozone (smog) into oxygen.
Nissan Sentra vehicles include the Nissan emblem, which depicts the name “Nissan” in capital letters on a banner inside of a circle. The name “Sentra” is often included in capital letters on the left-hand side of the rear end of Sentra vehicles. The trim level is generally included on the right-hand side of the rear end of Sentra cars.
- Also called: Nissan SE
- Production: November 1999 – August 2006[
- Model years: 2000–2006 (North America)
Body and chassis:
- Body style: 4-door sedan
- Layout: Front-engine, front-wheel-drive
- Platform: Nissan MS platform
- 1.8 L QG18DE I4 (2000-2006)
- 2.0 L SR20DE I4 (2000–2001)
- 2.5 L QR25DE I4 (2002-2006)
- 5-speed RS5F51A manual (2.5L)
- 5-speed RS5F70A manual (1.8L, 2.0L)
- 6-speed RS6F51H manual
- 4-speed RE4F03B automatic (1.8L, 2.0L)
- 4-speed RE4F04B automatic (2.5L)
- Wheelbase: 99.8 in (2,535 mm)
- Length: 177.5 in (4,508 mm)
- Width: 67.3 in (1,709 mm)
- Height: 55.5 in (1,410 mm)
- Curb Weight: 2,513 lb (1,140 kg)