Right earpad came loose. Can it be reattached?
The leather holding the right earpad in place on my pair of JBL E45bt phones came loose recently. As a result, the right earphone is actually further away from my ear than the left, creating a pretty significant volume imbalance.
They're not like your typical overears. It seems like the pad is glued to the interior of the headphone, and isn't replaceable without taking the headphones apart (though I may be wrong).
I tried removing the security screws thinking that there might be a way to dismantle the casing and get back under the piece the pads fasten to, but removing the screws yielded no results and I still don't know how to take this thing apart without breaking it. Not to mention I'm not sure what my next step would be.
Anyone know how to rectify this? It's a great pair of headphones and I'd hate to have to replace it over such a small cosmetic issue.
EDIT: I should clarify, these aren't like the JBL E40's or the E55BT's where you can simply take the earpad off and replace it. The earpad and phone seem to be one integrated structure. I haven't seen anyone take these apart so I'm not sure if there's a proper way to do it.
This is what the cup looks like beneath the foam. It seems to be a clear plastic plate, underneath which the inner fabric of the pad is glued, beneath which is navy blue disk. The outer leather of the pad was fastened to the underside of this navy blue disk, and I think if I can separate the disk from the rest of the cup I might be able to refasten it, but so far I haven't found a way to do this.
FINAL UPDATE (SOLUTION)
Thanks to @oldturkey03 and this video, I was able to fix the problem.
It turns you you just have to tear this ear pad right off. I was afraid of pulling it further because it's tacked down and I thought I was breaking it, but it just snaps right off with no trouble.
From there you just reglue the loose leather. I used superglue and did the four corners first, then the spots in between those corner, and then everything else in between that hadn't been glued yet.
The end result was this! They look and feel and sound just like they did before! Hooray! I guess it wasn't so complicated after all :P
@polymathematic great job in getting it done. Thanks for the update on how you did it. Going to be helpful in the future for others.
由 oldturkey03 完成的