PCIe SSD adapter compatibility with Mid-2017 iMac 27"
- Do we know if the "slot" for the PCIe "Blade" SSD exists on iMac configurations purchased without "Fusion Drive"?
- Do we know what type of PCIe SSD is compatible with this iMac, i.e. Samsung, OtherWorld, etc.?
- Do we know if there is an aftermarket adapter that allows us to add our own PCIe SSD to that slot?
If we order the 2TB SSD is that a "Blade" SSD, or is it a 2.5 Drive where the HDD would be?
Amazon Pricing Today:
- Samsung 960 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6P1T0BW) $579.99
- Samsung 960 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6P2T0BW) $1,208.99
Apple's Pricing Today:
- 1TB SSD + $540.00
- 2TB SSD + $1,260.00
Apple looks fairly competitive.
Not sure who makes their "Blade" PCIe SSD, or how it compares to the Samsung 960 PRO... Does anyone know?
We always look for the best value for our dollar, but it looks like we are being painted into a corner by Apple.