Where is the Camshaft sensor located
I have a hyundai sonata i cannot the camshaft sensor its a 2.4 motor
elynbert, the camshaft position sensor monitors the position of the camshaft. It is mounted at the right hand side (looking from the front of the engine)of the cylinder head. You should make out the plug with the wire and see that the sensor is being mounted with 1 10mm bolt.
To Remove Camshaft Position Sensor
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect wire connector from sensor.
3. Remove sensor mounting bolts.
4. Remove the sensor from the rear of cylinder head.
To Fit Camshaft Position Sensor
1. Install camshaft position sensor in rear of cylinder head.
2. Install and tighten sensor mounting bolts.
3.Connect wire connector to sensor.
4. Connect negative battery cable.
Here is what it looks like