Battery and charge issue after water damage
So last week my 4 month old MacBook came into contact with tea after my flask spilled out in my bag. Thought I got away lightly... But it would appear not. After drying out For a couple of days booted up the Mac to great surprise that it was working fine. Except when I took out the charger... Bam! It turns off. The battery said it was 92% charged. The red LED was showing on the charger, however the system info said not charging. Opened up the MacBook and there was corrosion surrounding the battery controller on the battery. The water indicator sticker on the battery was red. The sticker on the logic board however was still white. So I replaced the battery with one I found on eBay from a stripped down Mac that had been tested and guaranteed as at least 80% health. Put it in the Mac... Exactly the same problem though. No matter what charge percentage the battery States, the Mac will not run without charger plugged in. Nor will the battery charge. The system info for both batteries also states Replace Now. If there was a problem with the battery to the extent that it won't work at all, then I would have expected the Mac to display Service Battery instead. Therefore I'm thinking an issue on the logic board? I couldn't see any corrosion at first glance.
Any ideas?! Could it be the battery again or is the logic board fried?