My phone overheated and won't turn on, what do I do?
I left my phone outside in my car by accedent, now it is warm and won't turn on, what do I do? I think it overheated.
Sage Jurado, remove your battery and check on it. See if it shows any deformity. It is very unlikely that you damaged the logic board, most likely it is the battery that failed. I'd suggest that you replace the battery and re-evaluate from there. Hope this helps, good luck.
Try letting it cool down. Then try turning it on in several hours.
Remove the battery and check to see if it is deformed this can cause it to fail. if it is the battery replace and then evaluate from there.
This happened to me this afternoon, my phone is in my bag and then my friend called, when i hold the phone it is hot then suddenly turned off/black background then i press the lock button for a long time but nothing happened, i hard reset it then it turned on. I read an article about the phone will turned off when overheated to avoid accidents.
Please be advised that myself, nor this web page can be held responsible for damage to any device, should an attempt at repairing one's own device fail. Always make sure to consider hiring a professional repair shop to fix your device for you.
Diagnostic steps for not charging:
1) Check for a blocked port (Lint build up can keep a cord from fitting in properly. if the frame of the plug is not flush with the device, using small tweezers, and being careful not to damage pins, pry out any dust or lint.
1) Try a Known Functional Cord. (Works on another device)
2) Excite the battery: Hit the + and - of the battery with an external power supply for approximately 10 minutes. (Be sure to verify you are using the amperage and voltage that the battery can handle. (Located on the battery with the specs.)
If the device boots, then the battery is functional, and you can continue forward with your diagnostics.
3) Scan board, and Flex circuits for physical damage. Looking for signs of blown or chipped components. Scorch marks, or corners of components broken off. Replace as needed, and test again. A 10X+ microscope assists very well in this stage
4) at this point, plug in the device again, and check if it charges. if it isn't, then go forward with replacing the charge port itself.
5) if replacing the charge port does not fix the issue, then you are experiencing an IC or board failure, in which case, it will just be better to replace the device.
---I hope this guide has helped you in your diagnosis.
For Built-In Batteries try to Press the power botton and the Volume(-) at the same time. It will help for a hard reset . My Phone Overheated and wont turn on. Mine is O plus brand and it is a Buit-In Battery.
What Could a Possible causing your phone Overheat?
1. Using it while charging.(Not included using Power Bank)
2. Charging your Phone - Drain or 20% Up. ( Charging it for too long will Overheat your phone too.) 3. Leaving it in a Hot place.
4. Not Shutting down all running apps.( It will take percentage even if your phone is off)
I Hope this Help. Share your Thought in the comments below and make sure to answe YES , as a Thank You.
put your phone in the fridge for a hour with the battery out. make sure the battery is undamaged and if it is replace it. my phone did this and i tried this method and i worked
my phone shut off because it overheated.The phone is on and still working but the screen won’t turn on. What should I do