red screen of death on ps3
when i turn it onit turns red with some chinese words.is there a way to fix it with one click of the button.
allenirv, not quite "one click of the button", but try this first:"I would try this first
1. turn off your ps3 with the switch in the back
2. hold the power button down
3. keep holding the power button down and turn the PS3 back on(do this while holding pwr button) switch back on the ps3
4. If its done correctly, your PS3 should make a loud fan noise causing the fans to enhance for a while. This could clean out anything that might cause overheating.
You can also try to
1) Turning it on and off again.
2) Try resetting your console- Place your console in standby mode (when it shows the red light) then press and hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps. This will reset your console settings however it COULD affect your hard drive data.
3) To make sure it is not caused by a loose cable, turn off your console, unplug all the cables except the power cord then plug them back in.
4) Try taking out the hard drive and putting it back in. The instructions to do this are in your user's manual.
Also make sure that you have good airflow and that your PS3 is not baried in a carpet or anything else that may restrict the airflow. Hope this helps, good luck.
Probably the sensors on the control board are not making contact with the buttons. I have fixed this before on a few PS3s. Follow this guide: PlayStation 3 Control Board Replacement
On the very last step (step 9) you can see the sensors on the left and right of the control board they look like thin metal buttons.
Once you have the cover off and the control board exposed, plug in your PS3 and attempt to turn on the ps3 slightly touching the right sensor with your finger.
DO NOT PUSH DOWN HARD ON IT!!! all it takes is a slight touch.
If the control board is working then the PS3 should turn on. If it does not then you can inspect the ribbon cable to make sure it is connected properly. If it still does not work then your control board is probably dead.
Once you have determined that the control board is working then use a pocket knife or a credit card or something thin to pull up the thin metal sensors so that they make contact with the buttons. BE CAREFULL NOT TO PULL TO HARD OR THEY WILL BREAK OFF.
Put the cover back on and make sure it now turns on using the buttons DO THIS BEFORE YOU PUT THE SCREWS BACK ON.
I have done this a few times and it has worked every time. If your LED lights still come on then your control board is probably ok and just needs to pull the sensors up just a bit. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes to do this.
I hope this helps, good luck!!