Samsung Solstice Troubleshooting
Released June 22, 2009, identified by model SGH-A887.
1. Samsung Solstice will not turn on ¶
- Phone is unresponsive despite pressing the power button.
- Make sure the phone's battery is fully charged.
- Remove the phone's battery and put it back in the phone. Follow this guide in order to learn how to remove your phone's battery.
- Press the power button to turn the phone on.
If you have tried all of these and the phone is still unresponsive, there is a chance that your phone's charger, battery, or the phone itself are damaged.
2. Perform a Master Reset for the Samsung Solstice ¶
- NOTE: A "reset" changes the phone's settings back to default. This process does not erase contacts or downloaded content (ringtones, games, graphics, etc.)
- From the standby screen, tap Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Phone.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
- Enter the phone's password, then tap OK.
NOTE: The password is user-defined; there is no default. If a password has yet to be established, the phone will prompt for a new password to be entered and then confirmed. AT&T cannot retrieve this password if forgotten, but *2767*3855# can be entered into the "Call" screen as an alternate method which will erase all information saved on the device and return it to factory settings.
A confirmation message will display and the phone will then reboot.
3. Switching the Phone On or Off ¶
Switching the Phone On
- Press and hold either of the phone icon buttons located below the screen until the phone switches on.
- The phone launches the activation splash screen and then proceeds to search for the network. Once the network has been found, you can make or receive calls.
Switching the Phone Off
- Press and hold the "End Call" phone icon button located below the screen (the button on the right), until the phone switches off.
4. Locking the Touchscreen ¶
1. Press the "LOCK" button (on the top of the phone) to lock the touchscreen.
5. Phone screen is frozen and unresponsive ¶
- If your phone is frozen and not responding when touching the touchscreen, it may need to be turned off and back on.
- First, try turning your phone off with the physical power button.
- If the phone turns off, wait about a minute before turning it back on.
- If the phone does not respond to the physical button being pressed, you may need to remove the battery from the phone. Follow this guide to learn how to remove the phone battery.
- Once the battery is back in the phone, press the power button to turn it back on.