- Video Recording
- Advanced Features
- Other Problems
Power is not supplied
- Make sure the power cable is connected properly to the camcorder and the AC adaptor is securely connected to the outlet. If no power is supplied, check to see if the battery pack is firmly attached to the camcorder. If power still isn't supplied, consider replacing the old battery pack with a new battery.
- Check the the tape's protection tab. If the tab is set to "SAVE", switch the erase protection tab to "REC".
- If the "TAPE END" appears, replace the full tape with a new tape.
- Check the settings to see, if time/date is set up "ON"
- If digital zoom does not work, check the zoom settings. If zoom is set to 25x, change it to 100x or 800x
- Check the memory/video. If it is set to "VIDEO", switch it to "MEMORY"
- Check if the TV is on the correct channel or mode for video playback through the AV input.
- Make sure the cassette cover is closed.
- Clean the cassette recording heads with a cassette cleaner that can be purchased here
- Set focus mode from manual to auto
- Check if lens is clean.
- If there is backlight, press "BACK LIGHT"
- If subject is too bright, press "SPOT LIGHT"
- Charging in extreme temperatures can be difficult. Charge in places with 10C to 35C.
- Check if the battery is attached firmly. You can try detaching and reattaching the battery pack.
- Remove the memory protection from files then you can delete them
- Check the level of battery power. Load a fully charged battery into the camcorder.
- Make sure that the viewfinder is pushed in and priority is set to LCD.
- Check the LCD's brightness level, and adjust accordingly.