The printer will not print
Add blank paper to paper tray
- The printer may be out of paper, so place blank white printer paper vertically into rear paper feeder.
Plug the USB cable into the computer
- Plug the purple end of the USB chord into the back of the printer and the other end into a USB computer jack on the computer.
Replace the ink cartridge
- The ink may be empty; see the Ink Cartridge installation guide.
Clear the paper jam
- Gently pull out jammed paper.
Install drivers to computer
- View the HP Deskjet 1055 Driver Download Page and follow the instructions given to download needed drivers.
- After drivers download, follow prompts on computer to install.
The buttons on the printer are broken/will not work
Install new buttons
- If the buttons on your printer are broken, see the Buttons installation guide.
- If the buttons are not broken, but they still do not function properly, see the Button Circuit Board installation guide.
The scanner/copier glass is broken/cracked
Install new scanner/copier glass
- To install new scanner/copier glass, see the Scanner Glass Pane installation guide.
The printer will not turn on
Plug in power chord
- Make sure the plug is securely inserted into power outlet.
Install a new motherboard
- If all else fails, the motherboard may be broken; see the Motherboard installation guide.