You guys are awesome! My granddaughter spilled a whole coke on the Mac and it went fizz! After some weeks I took it to the Apple store where it was declared it dead. They offered me a refurbished machine for $800, but insteaed I came home, took the disk out and hooked it via a USB carrier to another Mac which proved that the disk had not been harmed. I put it back in the machine and booted up at which point it became obvious that the battery was dead. One pass at Google turned up IFixIt where I found the battery and the correct, goofy tri-point screwdriver. The battery arrived a bit ago and the Mac is up and running as if nothing happened . . . a tidy savings of $650!
Thanks so much1