Technical writer and editor at iDoc, Berlin
1 / 2 页
Hello Oscar, the flex cables of the display are so close to the cover plate of the battery that there is a danger of damaging the flex cable. Therefore, in this case we decided not to disconnect the battery beforehand. Since there is no 3D Touch any more, we assume that the danger of a short circuit is not so high anymore.
Yeah, except it's a little bold, what do you think of the repair guide?
We think competition is good for business. We try to produce the best repair manuals and sell only high quality tools and spare parts. Maybe this will push iFixit a little bit further.
NEVER use a pointed metal tool as shown in the picture in this guide. You can damage the battery, which can cause fire and further damage the device. It is also very easy to damage the mainboard.
The cable is for the standby and volume buttons, not for the fingerprint sensor!