- iFixit Exclusives (1)
- Logic Boards (3)
- Microphones (1)
- Microsoldering (9)
- Motherboards (2)
- Prying and Opening (1)
Background and Identification
Apple’s 4th generation of the iPad was released on November 2nd of 2012, just 7 months after the release of the 3rd generation iPad. The 4th generation iPad came with iOS 6 originally and later iOS 7. It includes a variety of pre-installed applications, including Safari, Photos, Mail, iTunes, Notes, Maps, Calendar, Contacts, etc.
The iPad 4th generation was praised for its impressive Retina display and simple, intuitive user interface. It was also reviewed as being the fastest Apple mobile device on the market when it came out, surpassing the speed of the iPhone 5.
The 4th generation iPad is a thin, rectangular tablet. It features a touchscreen housed in an encasing. There is a home button and physical controls on the side of the device. The Apple logo is printed on the back of the device’s encasing. Check out the iPad identification guide to determine which iPad you have.
- Dimensions: 9.5 × 7.31 × 0.37 inches
- Weight: 660 grams
- Storage: 16, 32, 64, or 128 GB
- Processor: 1.4 GHz dual-core Apple Swift
- RAM: 1 GB
- Display Size: 9.7 inches
- Screen Resolution: 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Rear Camera: 5 MP
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP
- Battery: Li-Po battery, 11,560 mAh, 3.7 V
- Diagnose and repair screen backlight issues with our iDevice Backlight Troubleshooting Page.