Background and Identification
The Honda 4-Stroke Engine GX390UT2 is a powerful yet portable engine from Honda. It has a horsepower of 11.7 and runs at 3,600 RPM, while only being a 389 cc engine. It is also an OHV (overhead valve) engine, meaning it is both lighter and more compact than OHC (overhead camshaft) alternatives. This engine is commonly used in pressure washers, chippers, shredders, compressors, and log splitters.
The engine has a three-year limited warranty from Honda. Honda also offers a variety of accessories and replacement parts.
The Honda 4-Stroke Engine GX390UT2 has a red housing for the crankshaft and cylinder, with a fuel tank (white) and air cleaner (black) sitting on top of the main housing. The engine also has a recoil rope for starting that has been designed for an easy and comfortable (ergonomically favored) start process.
- Weight (to ship): 85 pounds
- Dimensions: 15 7/8 x 17 11/16 x 17 3/8 inches
- Engine Displacement: 389 cc
- Start Type: Recoil
- Net Power Output: 11.7 HP @ 3,600 RPM
- Net Torque: 19.5 pounds/foot @ 2,500 RPM
- Crankshaft: Q-type
- Shaft Output: Horizontal
- Number of cylinders: 1
- Compression Ratio: 8:2:1
- Cooling System: Air-cooled
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.4 quarts
- Oil Capacity: 1.16 quarts
- Max RPM: 3,600