The Garmin fenix 6X Sapphire is part of the sixth generation of fenix watches from Garmin. It was released in August 2019. This model is identified by the name fenix 6X Sapphire located on the back of the watch body. The back of the body is black and the face is a dark gray. It is a durable watch, with the case being made of steel and reinforced polymer. The main features for the watch include a GPS system, heart rate sensor, pulse oximeter, and access to Garmin Pay.
The sixth generation of fenix watches includes three sizes and three trims. The X in the name refers to the largest case size of 51 mm. The Sapphire trim means that the screen is scratch resistant. The Garmin fenix 6 series replaced the 5 series. The 6 series watches are lighter with better battery life.
The sixth generation of fenix watches were replaced by the seventh generation in January 2022. The Garmin fenix 6X Sapphire was directly replaced by the Garmin fenix 7X Sapphire Solar.
This model is identified by the name fenix 6X Sapphire located on the back of the watch body.
- Bezel Material: stainless steel or Diamond-like Carbon (DLC) coated steel
- Case Material: fiber-reinforced polymer with metal rear cover
- Case Size: 51 x 51 x 14.9 mm
- Weight: 93 g (case and band), 66 g (case only)
- Waterproof: Up to 10 meters
- Smartwatch: Up to 21 days
- Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 80 days
- GPS: Up to 60 hours
- GPS + Music: Up to 15 hours
- Max Battery GPS Mode: Up to 120 hours
- Expedition GPS Activity: Up to 46 days
- Type: MIP
- Resolution: 280 x 280 pixels
- Touchscreen: No
- Color Display: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- GLONASS: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Phone Compatibility: iPhone, Android
- Sensors: Heart Rate Monitor, Pulse Oximeter, Thermometer, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Pedometer