Spilled water over my laptop / can it be repaired
I was running late for work and accidently spilled a glass of water on to my HP OMEN 15-dc0030nr. Flustered, I didn’t know what to do at the moment so i just filliped it over and made the mistake of leaving it plugged in and left for work. when i came back It was still working but latter just shut down and would not start again.
I left it for a week to dry out (now realising that was a mistake) and still got no response. A few things to note, when the battery is pluged in aswell as the charger the battery light slowly blinks orange and pressing the power button doesn’t turn it on. when I unpluged the battery and then connected the charger, it still wouldnt turn on, but now the orange blinking turned white and was blinking faster. I guess there still is some life in it.
I know it will be costly, and i dont even know if it can be repaired. I contacted HP and told them about this and they directly pointed me in the the direction of buying a new laptop…
if anyone knows what the problem is and whether it can be repaired, this will be some great help.