Wifi and bluetooth not detected + ports on right side not working
Macbook was dropped from <1m height and now says
- “Wi-Fi: No hardware installed" and
- “Bluetooth: Not available".
I have recently realised that the ports on the right side are not working either. This wasn't a problem before dropping it.
- Usb port is completely unresponsive.
- With the hdmi, the screen goes black for a second as if it recognises that the cable has been plugged in (this is usual) but then nothing happens.
I have done a couple of things to try solve the problem.
- Initially, I thought it was the wifi card. I took it to Apple and they “confirmed" that it was the wifi card that was faulty too so I replaced it. The problem wasn't solved.
- I also saw on two posts here saying it might be the I/O cable that is loose or broken. I tried taking off and re-attaching mine but it didn't help so I bought a new cable… but still the same problem.
Do I have to replace the I/O board or logic board now…?? I don't know what else I could do. I'm thinking I might have to replace the I/O board since the ports on that side have stopped working as well as the wifi card so surely if not the cable then it's the board that's the problem?