Why doesn't my wifi work?
My wireless connection isn't working. It keeps displaying this icon with a yellow triangle and exclamation point.
That icon indicates that you do not have internet access.
1. Is your device configured to connect to WiFi? - You may be required to change 1 or more settings to access WiFi.
2. Are you near a WiFi connection point?
2a. Are you near enough to a WiFi connection point? - Many "free WiFi" places have very short range WiFi connections. (50 ft in some cases)
3. Is your device configured to access a nearby WiFi connection?
4. Does the nearby WiFi point require you to "log-in"?
- An example would be a fast-food place, most offer free WiFi, but usually you must log-in to connect to the WiFi. Some computers, tablets, phones, etc will do this automatically if set up to do so. Some devices you must manually connect each time.
5. Are you sure the nearby WiFi is transmitting? - Many "free WiFi" places do not monitor their WiFi very closely and usually do not know it is down until someone tells them/complains.
These are the most common problems and solutions. There are several other things that could be causing your problem, but they require more in-depth discussion to diagnose and correct.