On December 13, 2021, iFixit and Microsoft announced a program where iFixit Pro independent repairers and Microsoft Authorized Service Providers can purchase tools for repairing select Microsoft Surface devices directly from iFixit.com.
Background and Identification
Microsoft’s fourth generation Surface Laptop debuted on April 13, 2021. It retains the same aesthetic and ports as the third generation, but features the latest AMD and Intel 11th generation processors.
- 15” PixelSense™ Display
- 2496 x 1664 (201 PPI)
- 3:2 aspect ratio
- 10 point multi-touch
- Battery Capacity Nominal (WH) 47.4
- Battery Capacity Min (WH) 45.8
- Quad Core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 processor
- Quad Core 11th Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 processor
- AMD Ryzen™ 5 4680U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition (6 cores)
- 8GB, 16GB or 32GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Windows Hello face authentication camera (front-facing)
- 720p HD f2.0 camera (front-facing)
- 1 x USB-C
- 1 x USB-A
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Surface Connect port
- Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible
- Bluetooth® Wireless 5.0 technology
- Dimensions: 13.4” x 9.6” x 0.58” (339.5 mm x 244 mm x 14.7 mm)
Microsoft offers replacement feet for the Surface Laptop 4. Please see this support article for more details on how to order them. Note that the support article is in reference to the Surface Laptop 3 but the process of ordering feet is still the same as for the Surface Laptop 4.