Wont turn on after power surge.
My brother has a piece of music equipment that created a power surge somehow through the power strip that it was plugged into and the laptop was plugged into that as well…
The laptop now only comes on with the charging LED and the power LED but nothing else. Theres a chip between the two hard drives that gets very hot but that’s about it. No fans, no disc drive movements, no beeps, no video (internal and external).
Ive tried reseating the ram, replacing the cmos battery, and holding the power button for 30 to 90 seconds and it still won’t come back on.
This morning the charging indicator was blinking too, but has stopped after I unplugged it and plugged it back in.
Can someone please help me narrow down the issue? (I hope its a part that we can just replace on the motherboard or maybe just a bad internal battery.)