Finder keeps relaunching?
After changing the language settings so that I could type in Japanese etc. when I restarted the computer finder would keep relaunching itself. Any ideas as to why this might happen?
Did you use any of the delocalizer programs that are available? You might have removed the language packs. I'd try an archive and install using the original OS disk. Once that is complete, re-apply the updates. Once you're satisfied everything is working, you'll need to re-add any printers and delete the Previous Systems folder in the root of the hard drive.
In the past, this has been due to an old version of Stuffit. Try either updating to the latest version (search on "stuffit" at versiontracker.com), or uninstalling. A simple delete probably won't work, you need an uninstaller.
I would try and do a permissions repair for a start. ( utilities / disk utility ) then reboot .
If that fails it could be a corrupted language in the system. Try reselecting English as the primary language. Reboot the system and see what Finder does. If Finder returns to normal It's a corrupt language and I would suggest reinstalling the OS.
This should then solve the issue
I've encountered this problem twice, and both times it was Stuffit that was causing the problem. Did a complete uninstall and problem solved. Check Activity Monitor to see if anything is hanging up...
This is definitely caused by STUFFIT. Don't remember the fix, but found answers online.
I had this problem on Mavericks today and spent 4 hours dealing with it. I have tried EVERYTHING:
But, eventually, I saw the post in Google groups, and it solved my problem. Solution is to obvoius.
GOOGLE DRIVE WAS THE PROBLEM. Indeed, Google Drive very closely works with finder, and, as I suppouse, at some point they had conflict, which made finder relaunch all the time.
So, I quit GoogleDrive and even without restarting Finder started workiking normally.
P.S. I was even ready to buy external drive to make backup and make clean install.
Hope, it will help you!
I deleted the user where the problem happened