Can I use solvents like mineral spirits to clean asphalt from my USB?
I'm a general contractor doing industrial cleaning. I work with a variety of products and chemicals including asphalt. My phone case doesn't protect my USB-C port so I have asphalt build up in there. I've tried toothpicks and safety pins and compressed air and many other things with little success. I normally use solvents like mineral spirits and WD-40 to dissolve asphalt when cleaning but I'm hesitant to pour solvents in my USB port. I'm about to just try it anyway. Any thoughts on the matter? Also, the asphalt had been transferred to all of my charger cords. My main question is "Will pouring solvents into my USB port short circuit anything or permanently mess anything up?"