“No SD card inserted”
The power was turned on while no SD card was inserted or the SD card was removed during recording.
Re-insert a compatible SD card.
“SD card error”
An SD card that cannot be recognized was inserted
Insert a compatible SD card.
“SD card requires formatting”
The SD card is not formatted in a way the this device recognizes.
Reformat the SD card (video>settings>format SD card>yes).
The SD card has malfunctioned.
Insert a new, compatible, SD card.
“Incompatible SD card”
See the compatible SD cards section of this page.
“Dashboard Camera has stopped recording, Please check SD card”
The SD card is either incompatible, has been removed during recording, or had a general malfunction.
Re-insert the SD card, if that fails use a new one.
“Dashboard Camera has stopped recording due to no space in the SD card”
“Still image shooting failed (file limit exceeded)”
There is not enough space on the SD card.
Free-up space on the SD card or use another one.
“Dashboard Camera has stopped recording due to high temperature”
“Dashboard Camera has turned off due to high temperature”
The internal temperature of the device is to high to operate.
Reduce the temperature in the vehicle. Operating temperature: -10C to 60C
“System Update Failed”
The update file could not be read properly.
Re-format the SD card and try again.
The device is off.
Turn on the device.
The Device Doesn’t Turn On
- Turn on the accessories power (ACC) of your vehicle.
- Ensure that you have the appropriate cords & that they are plugged in.
- You the fuse may be blown, you will have to replace it. (insert link to fuse replacement here in Milestone 4)
- If this doesn’t work, you may need to replace the capacitor. (insert link to capacitor replacement here in Milestone 4)
- If none of these work, replace the entire circuit card. (insert guide to circuit card replacement here in Milestone 4)
The Device Won’t Record
- Ensure that there is a valid SD card in the reader.
- Ensure that your SD card is between 8GB & 32GB
- The device may be overheated. Ensure that the device is at operating temperature.
- The device may be recording, but not receiving any images, because the camera lens is damaged. This must be replaced. (insert link to camera replacement here in Milestone 4)
- If it still won’t record, the SD card reader may be dirty or otherwise damaged. The circuit card which the reader is on must be replaced. (insert link to circuit card replacement here in Milestone 4)
- Check if the fuse in the end of the adapter is blown. Check the cable for damage, which may have caused the fuse to blow. (insert link to fuse replacement here in Milestone 4)
Collision Warning Sounds Inappropriately
- Sensor within camera lens must be replaced. (insert link to camera replacement here in Milestone 4)
Voices and Warnings Don’t Sound
- If the problem persists, you will need to replace the speaker. (insert link to speaker replacement here in Milestone 4)