I used a screwdriver and pried it open - slowly jimmied it all the way around. It did make small marks on both the front and back panel where I pried...but I sanded them off. My battery was fixed to the back panel by double sided, black tape. It was a delicate procedure getting it off without breaking the back panel. After I figured out it was tape, I used my regular screwdriver and slid under the tape. Unplugs very easily and snapped back together. Just tried it again to make sure I did not break anything before writing this to you. It is good to go. Also, the screws take a T6 torque bit fitting. You will run the risk of stripping the heads if you use a Phillips screwdriver. Hope this helped.