Video instructions were easy to follow and installation of battery went smoothly so that the phone powered on successfully. However the battery connector metal plate and the immediate surrounding logic board are very disconcertingly hot to the touch and remains quite warm even when the phone is powered off (it's not connected to the charging cable as well).
Prior to install, phone went completely dead as a result of the OEM battery failing. Checked to be sure that iFixit's battery replacement is the correct model which it is. Anyone have feedback would be greatly appreciated. Concerned about potential fire hazard so battery will be removed until either iFixit.com's customer service advises solution or someone in the forum responds with some sort of resolution.