Great guide. I was successful with my fix. A few more tips:
1. Eyepiece removal -- squeeze sides and SLIDE it upward toward the top of the camera.
2. Use a magnetic or slightly magnetized screw driver. On one of the tiny internal screws it came off my screw driver and dropped into the internals of the camera. I thought I was doomed, but after removing the main board and by carefully lifting and tilting the camera, I was able to find and retrieve it with tweezers.
3. When removing ribbon cables, the tightening bar flips up and the ribbon cable slides out (don't lift upward, slide it back toward the direction the cable comes from).
4. In step 13, I think he means "top left" corner and on my camera both cables had a tightening bar.
5. When reinserting the ribbon cables, I found it very helpful to use the tiny whole in the cable and pair of pointed tweezers to gently "squeeze" the ribbon cable into the connector. This also helped it go in straight.