For its minimalistic pencil shape, the spudger is an incredibly useful multitool. We’ve already explored its potato-related etymology and its sculpting and sewing craft properties, but all this thinking about creative uses for spudgers got us wondering how you like to use a spudger.
Turns out, there are a lot of repair (and non-repair!) uses for your favorite multitool. Here are some of your choice spudging applications.
1. The spudger is an eating utensil
To eat my ramen— NoMoreBeta Angel (@_Pixelheart) April 16, 2019
2. You can clean your teeth with it
A very expensive toothpick— NoMoreBeta Angel (@_Pixelheart) March 26, 2019
3. I mean… those edges are pretty sharp
Like this. pic.twitter.com/4AWZFBE7Zb— Niklas (@NiklasCodes) May 14, 2019
4. The spudger is great for separating delicate parts
Disconnecting batteries and scraping off old adhesive on iPad screens.— Daniel Lekro (@Lekro44) May 14, 2019
5. It’s a DIY Apple Black Stick 😉
Black stick from Apple store 🤘— Phobia (@clemusik7) March 27, 2019
6. The spudger is a stress reliever
And if you don’t have a pen you can use spudger to like knock a table or just spin it with your fingers if you’re stressed or nervous— Eagle (@AsdEagle_) March 25, 2019
7. It’s a friend
Webster’s dictionary defines Spudger as “A tinkerer’s best friend.” The end.— Walter Galan (@mr2incredible) March 26, 2019
8. It doesn’t melt! (Our standard, glass-filled Spudger, that is)
TRUE STORY— Rob Link (@RobBobLink) April 16, 2019
Rookie Tech: I’d like to try soldering
ME: Cool, everything’s on the bench, Including some new spudgers.
Staff: What’s that smell?
Rookie Tech: Why won’t these spudgers melt??!!
9. You can use it as a budget makeup scraper (hi, Kelsea!)
It does what this spatty thing does, but better! pic.twitter.com/J00MzqPbFk— Kelsea Weber (@thekelseaweber) April 16, 2019
10. It’s also great for removing leftover ink from a printer
To clean the fuser on a copier. Gets the left over residual toner out from high volume without damaging the fuser rollers or the spudger.— Stephen (@ProfChaos419) May 14, 2019
11. You can use it to clean out your ears
It really helps with that crust in your ears— Crashtest Fetus (@Cameltoetem69) April 16, 2019
12. And shank White Walkers
Shank white walkers with ‘em #TeamTarly— Lance Sison (@lance_sison) May 14, 2019
13. The spudger is what it is
14. And lastly, you’d be surprised how often we get this one.
Pick my nose— Cehennem Yakıtı (@Cumhurtesi) May 14, 2019