This guide shows how to replace the t-con card which can fail and cause image issues. Replacement parts can cost around $100, the chip is the smd IC U10 AS15-F that regulates the image output.
- Polyimide Tape
- Precision Tweezers Set
- Detailing Brush
- Desoldering Braid
- Tip Cleaner Ball Hakko 599B
- Isopropyl Alcohol 70%
- Hurricane Canless Air X3
- Portable Anti-Static Mat
- Suction Cup Pen
- Hakko Microsoldering Starter Package
- Hot Air Rework Station Hakko FR-810
- Smoke Absorber Hakko FA-400
- Pro Tech Toolkit Expansion 1
- Head Magnifier
- Tack Flux SMD291 no clean 5cc ROHS
- Manta Driver Kit - 112 Bit Driver Kit
Find and extract the t-con card being careful since there are flexes and antenna cables that can be damaged. Use precision tools where possible like tweezers to extract carefully.
Once extracted you can place the u10 chip where the old one was located by de-soldering the old chip with a micro-solder technique under a microscope and rework station.
Description of the full process and repair explained short and simply