Checking and replacing the filter is part of a Pre-Use Check. Always perform this check before connecting to a patient. Only original parts from the manufacturer must be used. Spare parts and maintenance kits can be ordered from your local Maquet representative.
• Make sure that the Servo-i works properly before performing any maintenance.
• Set the On/Off switch on the User Interface to Off.
• Disconnect the mains power cable.
• Disconnect the gas supplies (wall and/or cylinder).
• Remove patient tubing.
• If fitted, remove bacteria filter from the expiratory inlet
• A 'Preventive maintenance' must be performed at least once every year as long as the unit is not used more than normal. Normal operation is estimated to correspond to approx. 5,000 hours of operation.
• The Battery modules shall be replaced every three years.
• The internal Lithium batteries on PC 1771 and
PC 1772 shall be replaced every five years.
• After or in combination with performing the 'Preventive maintenance' described in this chapter, a 'Routine cleaning' and an 'Extended cleaning of Inspiratory channel' must be performed. For cleaning procedures, refer to the 'Servo-i Ventilator System – User's manual'.
• In some parts of the Preventive maintenance, as described in this chapter, access to the Field Service System (FSS) is required.
• Some optional equipment used with the Servo-i, but not covered by this Service Manual, may also demand maintenance actions. Refer to the optional equipments documentation.
Example on such optional equipment are:
– Compressor Mini.
• Standard service tools.
• Barometer (or information about the actual barometric pressure).
• Access to the Field Service System (FSS ). Recommended but not required.
• Preventive maintenance-kit containing all parts
needed during the maintenance.
(Service Manual 7 - 3)
When performing this maintenance, a 'Maintenance kit, 5,000 hours' should be used
Remove the inspiratory section cover
Loosen the screw (1)
Lift off the gas module bracket (2)
Pull out and lift off both gas modules.
Replace filters in the gas modules. When replacing filter, move the rubber seal from the old to the new filter.