The Makita Chain Saw Model EA5600FR - 6 is a gasoline-powered chainsaw manufactured by Makita. It is a rear-handled chainsaw but has a second handle for maneuverability. The EA5600FR - 6 model has a 20-inch guide bar and a 56cc engine that delivers 4.0 horsepower and an engine speed of 13,800 RPM. The engine also uses ‘Stratified Air Scavenging’ for improved performance and fuel efficiency. The fuel tank can hold up to 19.3 fluid ounces (0.15 gallons) of gasoline, and the oil tank can hold 10.8 fluid ounces (0.08 gallons) of two-stroke engine oil. The EA5600FR - 6 model weighs 12.8 pounds, which is considered light-weight for comparable chainsaws. This model features an ‘Easy Start’ spring-assisted starter.
The EA5600FR - 6 model is “CARB compliant,” meaning that the chainsaw meets the California Air Resources Board’s rules and regulations for air pollution. This model also features an antivibration handle, bumper spikes at the base of the guide bar, and a chain brake. It includes a touch-and-stop single level control that turns off the engine with a single touch for operator safety.
This Makita chainsaw can be identified by its orange and black body and the name “Makita” printed in lowercase letters on the guide bar and orange motor cover.
- Bar Length (in.): 20 in.
- Chain Size: 20 in.
- Maximum Cut Diameter (in.): 20
- CA (CARB) Compliant: CARB Compliant
- Chain Pitch: 3/8 in.
- Chain Speed (mps): 30.6
- Chainsaw Bar Size: Large
- Chainsaw Type: Hand Chainsaw
- Drive Links: 72
- Engine Cycles: 2 Cycle
- Engine Displacement (cu.in./cc) : 3.4 cu.in. (55.6 cc)
- Power Rating: 4.1 HP/3 kW
- Max. Engine Speed: 13,800 RPM
- Engine Type: 2 Cycle
- Features: Antivibration Handle, Bumper Spikes, Chain Brake, Flush cut handle
- Filter Type: Felt Filter
- Fuel Tank Capacity (oz.): 19.3
- Oil Tank Capacity: 10.8 oz.
- Gauge: .050
- Handle Type: Rear Handle Chainsaw
- Included: Chain, Scabbard
- Power Type: Gas
- Product Weight (lb.): 12.8 lb
- Torque Maximum (Nm): 0.00
- Standard Guide Bar: 20"
- Fuel Mixture: 50:1