IBM (Lenovo) Thinkpad X60s Fan Error Fix Disassembly
Background and Identification
The ThinkPad X Series was introduced by IBM in 2000 but was transferred to Lenovo, a Chinese technology company, in 2005. The IBM (Lenovo) ThinkPad X60s is part of the ThinkPad X series from Lenovo. The X60s is the successor to the ThinkPad X41 notebook, while the ThinkPad X60 is the successor to the ThinkPad X32. PC World named the ThinkPad X60s the top ultraportable laptop. The ThinkPad X60s was also on PC World’s Top 100 Products of 2006 list. The ThinkPad product series was ranked ahead of all other brands for reliability from the 2005 PC World Reliability and Service survey. With an eight-cell battery, the X60s lasted approximately 8 hours on a single charge.
The IBM (Lenovo) ThinkPad X60s includes a low-voltage processor while the X60 version does not. The X60s model includes an Intel Core Duo processor and a Microsoft Windows XP Professional operating system. It has a 12.1-inch display with a resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels. The computer includes an eight-cell extended life battery, but it can be configured with a smaller four-cell battery.
The IBM (Lenovo) ThinkPad X60s computers include the name "ThinkPad" in the lower right-hand corner of the laptop, underneath the keyboard at a 45-degree angle from the bottom edge of the device. It also includes the name "Lenovo" in lower-case letters in the bottom left-hand corner of the laptop's display. The X60s includes three USB 2.0 ports (one on the left, and two on the right).
- Supports two 200pin PC2-5300 Non-Parity (NP) Double Data Rate Two (DDR2) Technology
- The use of 667 MHz SO-DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
- 256 MB, 512 MB, 1GB, or 2GB memory
- Supports maximum memory up to 4GB
Note: Windows XP supports 3GB memory maximum
- Intel Core Solo processor T1300(1.6GHz)
- Intel Core Duo processor T2300(1.66GHz), T2400(1.83GHz)
- 2 MB onboard L2 cache memory
- Two Mini PCI slots (WLAN, WAN)
- One Communications Daughter Card slot
- Ultrabay slim is available via the ThinkPad X6 UltraBase
- Three USB 2.0 (Two on the right side, one on the left side) version 2.0
- One Ethernet RJ-45 with 2 LEDs
- One RJ11 for modem enabled systemsIEEE 1394 port
- Secure Digital (SD) card slot
- One DB-15 external display
- Audio line out and microphone in ports
- Four cell Slim Line Li-Ion battery pack: 200 g (0.44 lb)
- Four cell Enhanced Capacity Li-Ion battery pack: 260 g (0.57 lb)
- Eight cell High Capacity Li-Ion battery pack: 475 g (1.05 lb)
- Four cell Extended Life battery: 370 g (0.82 lb)
- Li-Ion battery pack:
- 14.4V, 2.0Ah, 4 cell Slim Line battery
- 14.4V, 2.6Ah, 4 cell Enhanced Capacity battery
- 14.4V, 5.2Ah, 8 cell High Capacity battery
- 14.4V, 1.95Ah, 4 cell Extended Life battery